HerMoney Happy Hour
Welcome to your HerMoney Happy Hour! Grab a drink!
A HerMoney Happy Hour is one of our most popular tools. It is a gathering of 8 to 12 women with the express purpose of talking about money. You can do this with your friends, your book group, at networking meetings, even with women you’ve just met. Having people of different ages, professions, and perspectives in the room is terrific. A full set is 40 cards!
Here’s how it works: The person with the next birthday begins by drawing a card and starting the conversation. Everyone can and should chime in. Then, go around in a circle with each person drawing a card and talking in turn. If you pull a card that doesn’t apply, pull another. If there’s time (there usually isn’t), you can go around again.
Here are 10 HerMoney Happy Hour questions to get you going
- What would make you feel financially “free”?
- Are you holding onto any past money mistakes? What are they? And would it take to let them go?
- Would life be better if you could say no more often? What can you do to change that?
- What is it about money that makes you want to scream/pull out your hair/grab the Chardonnay?
- We share shopping tips. Why not investment tips?
- Is it OK to hide money from your spouse/partner in your underwear drawer?
- Does money make friendships more complicated?
- What does it mean to have enough?
- Some people believe women are more risk-averse than men. Is that true for you—in investing, career, life?
- If you had a financial wake-up call, what was it? How did you handle it?
Buy the book!