HerMoney Happy Hour
Welcome to your HerMoney Happy Hour! Grab a drink!
Want to get a group of women — your friends, your clients, your book group — talking about money? Invite them to a HerMoney Happy Hour! This experience, developed by personal finance expert Jean Chatzky, plays like a party game but provides a route to comfortably explore financial feelings, insights, secrets, even fears. The HerMoney Happy Hour Kit includes all the items you need to facilitate your own discussion group with candor and ease, in person or online. Past participants have called it liberating, revolutionary and — perhaps most importantly — fun!
Here’s how it works: Choose a person in the room to draw the first card and start the conversation. Everyone can and should chime in. Then, go around the room with each person drawing a card and talking in turn. If they pull one that doesn’t apply, pull another. If there’s time (there usually isn’t), you can go for another round.
Here are 10 HerMoney Happy Hour questions to get you going
- What would make you feel financially “free”?
- Are you holding onto any past money mistakes? What are they? And would it take to let them go?
- Would life be better if you could say no more often? What can you do to change that?
- What is it about money that makes you want to scream/pull out your hair/grab the Chardonnay?
- We share shopping tips. Why not investment tips?
- Is it OK to hide money from your spouse/partner in your underwear drawer?
- Does money make friendships more complicated?
- What does it mean to have enough?
- Some people believe women are more risk-averse than men. Is that true for you—in investing, career, life?
- If you had a financial wake-up call, what was it? How did you handle it?
Buy the book!